Thursday, July 18, 2013

The End of Our First Camp

I guess come of you probably want to know more about our Sports Camp in Hertford. Well, see, the thing is, I was assigned to be a 7/8-year-old group leader. Which I absolutely loved. Those kids stole my heart. It was so hard to leave at the end of camp. Anyway, because I was a group leader, I kind-of stopped taking pictures...  I know, I know. It wouldn't have been that hard to take pictures and make sure that the kids were behaving. But I got carried away. Luckily on the first day I got someone to record this gem of a video:


Tell me those kids aren't adorable. Can you see how I got caught up in hanging out and loving on them? So, I'm sorry there aren't any more pictures of camp, but we have two more camps, so I guess you'll just have to wait.

Other than camp, our week was filled with more service projects. We mulched around the church at Up River. We put together homeless kits. One of our other projects fell through because of bad weather, but the week was full of fun and service.

This group of participants was so full of love for each other, for the communities that we were impacting, and most importantly, for God, it was amazing. I sincerely believe that hearts were touched that week. I hope that the changes that took place were permanent, and that people see how much of an impact they can have, if they just get out there.


**I'm not in this picture either Mom, sorry. This one happened before we were really set up for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment