Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Fourth of July

Hello again everyone!

I wasn't planning on waking up until 7:40 this morning, but for some reason I woke up at 6. So I figured that maybe it was God giving me time to update everyone on what we've been up to. The coming week is going to be kind of crazy, so I'm hoping I can pull off posting about three times with lots of pictures.

Let me start where I left you. One the morning of the 4th the staff got up and started working. We got through all of the sports camp drills, and finished some painting. In order for the participants/volunteers who come to help with camp to be able to teach the kids the drills, we have to be able to teach them. So we went through a rotation working on drills.

Megan and Samie, working on wiffleball.

Elliot demonstrating how to throw a soccer ball.

Every year we head up to Somerton Friends for their Fourth of July cookout. In order to be there in a reasonable time, we left Up River about 3:30. At Somerton we played some corn-hole  hung out with the kids, and after dinner there was a cake walk fundraiser.


After the cookout, we went into Suffolk looking for a firework celebration. We ended up at a park that I cannot remember the name of, but it was the same place we ended up last year. Except that this year we got seat that were much farther in. I don't know how long their celebration went, but it was going strong when we got there about 8 o'clock. There was a live band, concession booths all over, and plenty of kids running around with bubble guns.


That's all the time I have for now. But, just an update, our participants came in last night, and we all played some get to know you games and such. Our devotion last night was about having your heart in the right place for service. I ask that you please pray for our group as we continue through this week. It is going to be busy and it's going to be fun, but without the Lord none of it would be possible.

I hope that you have a wonderful day.


3 comments:

  1. The cake walk fundraiser sounds great!! How about a picture of you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing the collage pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made them with Fotor, a free app that I've been using. Maybe I'll post a picture of me once this sunburn goes away.

    ReplyDelete